We offer a delicious open buffet for breakfast and 2 traditionally cooked Turkish dinners per week. A welcome dinner on Monday and a farewell dinner on Friday.
Our vegetarian wholesome food is cooked from home grown and local produce by our housekeeper.
Turkish Cuisine is one of the three main cuisines of the world, together with French and Chinese. Turkish cuisine, like its cultural mosaic, is very colorful and contains countless different tastes. The foundation of the cuisine is based on grains (rice and wheat) and vegetables. The simplicity of basic cooking techniques, impressive variety and the honesty of the final product – food not hidden under sauces or masked by the heavy-handed use of herbs or spices.
Turkish-style buffet breakfast will flow with the seasonal fruits from our garden and local markets: Tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, olives, boiled eggs/Menemen fresh bread/pastries & somedays pancakes/gozleme. Fresh fruits, seeds & nuts, honey, jam, molasses, natural yoghurt, olives from our garden, watermelon, honeydew melon, porridge oats and cereals.
Unlimited tea, coffee, green tea, herbal teas.
Here is a sample menu of what we may cook for Welcome and Farewell dinners.
- Freshly prepared Soup.
- Mixed Salad
- Ezme – hot spicy freshly mashed tomato with onion and green herbs.
- Cacik – Yogurt, cucumber with mint and olive oil.
- Humous – Chick Pea or white bean hummus
- Dolma – a selection of Stuffed vegetables
- Yaprak Dolma – Stuffed vine leaves
- Mercimek Kofte – Lentil Kofte
- Patlican Guvec – Aubergine Casserole
- Kuru Fasulye – (white beans in a rich tomato sauce).
- Nogut – Chickpeas in a delicious tomato sauce.
- Imam Bayildi – braised eggplant with vegetables & tomatoes.
- Pilaf – Rice
- Bulgar – Cous Cous cooked with finely chopped tomato, onion & herbs
- A basket of fresh bread.
- Fresh fruit seasonal fruit.